The Offline Circulation client is an application that allows you to perform circulation transactions while the WorldShare Circulation system is not available (system maintenance, outage, etc.) and upload them when the system is available again. To use this application, download and install it on your local workstation. For video tutorials on how to set up and use the Offline Circulation client, see Video Tutorials, below.
- You must download the Offline Circulation client when WorldShare Circulation is available. If WorldShare Circulation is unavailable, you cannot download the Offline Circulation client.
- You must have a WMS NCIP Service WSKey in order to download the Offline Circulation client. See Step 1: Request a Web Service key (WSKey) for details.
- The only circulation transactions you can perform with the client are checking in and checking out items.
- The Offline Circulation client does not apply loan polices, trigger holds, honor patron restrictions, etc. because the connection to the system that applies such policies is unavailable.
- All transactions are automatically saved when you exit the client.
- If you forget your username or password needed to access the client, you must repeat the download process.
Step 1: Request a Web Service key (WSKey)
In order to download the Offline Circulation client, you must have a WMS NCIP Service WSKey. You can request a WSKey on the OCLC Developer Network.
- On the Developer Network homepage, click Develop > Manage your API Keys.
- On the Sign in screen, enter the same user name and password you use to sign into OCLC Service Configuration.
- On the WSKeys screen, click Request a WSKey.
- On the Request a WSKey screen, fill in the fields in the following order:
- Environment - Select Production from the list.
- Services - Select WMS NCIP Service from the list. You may need to scroll through the list.
- WSKey Name - Enter a name for the WSKey. If you do not enter a name, it will default to "Web Service Key YYYY-MM-DD." The date will be the date the key was requested.
- What is the reason for this request? - Enter WMS offline circulation.
- Registry ID - Enter your institution's Registry ID.
- Symbol - Enter your institution's OCLC Symbol.
- Redirect URL - This field is not required.
- Usage - Do not select any of the check boxes.
- Terms and Conditions - Select I agree to the WorldShare Platform Developer.
- Click Create Request.
- You will receive an email response to your request within twenty-four to seventy-two hours.
Step 2: Download the client
You must have a WSKey in order to download the client. For details on requesting a WSKey, see Step 1: Request a Web Service key (WSKey), above. WSKeys are usually available within twenty-four to seventy-two hours after requesting them.
- Sign into OCLC Service Configuration. For information on how to sign in, see Signing In
- On the left navigation, click WMS Circulation.
- At the bottom of the WorldShare Circulation options, click Offline Client.
- On the Offline Client screen, fill in the fields in the following order:
- Branch - Select the branch for which the offline client will be used. The Offline Circulation client must be downloaded at each branch that needs to use it.
- User to act as - Search for the user account that will use the client. Click the radio button next to the name to select the account.
- Select the account used for normal Circulation activities.
- Make sure the user account has a Circulation role. For more information, see Circulation roles.
- Password - Enter a password for the account.
- This password enables use of the Offline client when WorldShare Circulation is unavailable.
- This password does not need to be the same one used for the user account, above.
- Make sure the staff who will be using the client know this password.
- Select WSKey to use - Any WSKey listed can be used. Click the radio button next to the WSKey to select it. If none are listed, you need to request a WMS NCIP Service WSKey. For details, see Step 1: Request a Web Service key (WSKey).
- Click Download client.
- Save the client to your workstation. Select a location that is easy to find and known to the staff who will be using the client. To install the client, follow the steps in the Step 3: Install the client section, below.
Step 3: Install the client
Once you have downloaded the client from Service Configuration, you must install it on your computer.
- Open the client by double clicking wms-offline-circulation.jnlp (in the location you chose in step 5, above). If you have already installed the client on your computer
- Java runs. The application automatically updates itself if there are new features or bug fixes made.
- Click OK if you see a window asking, "Do you want to update the application?"
Problems downloading or starting the Offline client
Occasionally you will see warnings or messages when starting the client. Some problems you may encounter:
|Your version of Java is out of date||Install a newer version of Java. You may have Java configured to automatically download for you, or you may need to contact technical staff to resolve the issue. Consult technical staff if you see a window with the message, "Application Blocked by Security Settings."|
|You do not have Java installed||Download the current version of Java at https://www.java.com/en/.|
|The application is untrusted and a warning occurs||If the application is not trusted you will see a security warning. OCLC recommends you report this issue to OCLC Support and click Cancel rather than continuing. See Offline client support.|
Step 4: Run the client
Once you have downloaded and installed the client, you can access the client from the application shortcut installed on your machine.
- Locate the application shortcut either on your desktop or from the Start menu (Windows) or using Launchpad (Mac).
- Click WMS Circulation Offline Client.
- For information on using the client, see Use offline Circulation and upload transactions.