When notifications are set up and configured, lending libraries can send standard and custom email messages to borrowing libraries using the Email button located on the request screen.
Send a notification
To send an email notification to a borrowing library:
- In the Tipasa interface, locate the request you want to send a notification about.
- Open the request and click Email.
- On the Send Message window, click Choose a template.
- All applicable notifications that you have enabled for Manual sending in the WorldShare interface will appear in the list. Standard notifications appear first (in order of the workflow), followed by custom notifications (in alphabetical order). Select the notification you want to send.
- The message information is populated with the customized data you supplied for the notification in Service Configuration.
- You can edit the message and add any information you want before sending the notification.
- Click Send.
Note: Sending a manual notification will not override automated notifications. If a manual notification is sent to alert the patron of an event, the system will also automatically generate a notification to the patron when the status of the item changes.
Lending Library to Borrowing Library notification types
Libraries can choose from the following standard notifications or create up to 50 custom notifications. To learn more about creating and sending custom notifications, see Edit and send notifications.