Search for patrons in the system.
To search for a patron:
- On the left navigation, click Find Patrons.
- From the Limit search to list, select an index.
- In the search box, enter your search terms.
- To search with a truncation operator, use an asterisk (*). For example, connect* retrieves connect, connection, connectivity, etc.
- Click Search or press <Enter>.
When you search for patrons, you can limit your search to:
|Barcode||Barcode (ID number) or ILL Identifier of the user|
|Everything||Contents of all fields in the patron account|
|Last Name||Name of the patron. The Last Name index searches for any part of the patron name (first or last name).|
|Postal Code||Postal code (e.g. zip code) of the patron's address|
|State/Province||State or province of the patron's address|
|Street Address||Address of the patron (e.g. house number, street name)|
Patron Search Results
The image below is an example of the patron search results screen. After you search for a patron under Find Patrons, any search results matching the terms you entered will display. From the patron search results screen, you can perform different actions using the sections described below.
- 1. Search tabs
- The tabs on the side of the screen show any searches you have performed.
- Click on a search to return to it.
- To remove a search, click the X () next to the search. All searches are saved until you remove them or sign out of WorldShare.
- Click Close All Tabs to remove all searches.
- 2. Results
- The number of results you receive and your place in the results list appears at the top and bottom of the results list.
- To refresh the results list, click the Refresh icon ().
- 3. Name
- The name of the patron.
- Click the patron's Name to view or edit their account.
- 4. ILL Identifier
- The interlibrary loan identifier of the patron. If you use WorldShare Circulation, you do not need to use ILL Identifiers for your patrons.
- 5. Barcode
- The Circulation barcode of the patron. This field only applies to libraries using WorldShare Circulation.
- 6. Email
- The email of the patron used for interlibrary loan notifications.
- 7. Phone
- The phone number of the patron used for interlibrary loan notifications via SMS.
- 8. Address
- The home address of the patron.
- 9. Rows
- The number of rows per page and page navigation buttons appear at the top and bottom of the results list.
- Select a number from the Rows list to change the number of rows you see per page.
- If there is more than one page of results, use the navigation buttons to move between pages.