Use this screen to select your settings for Tipasa.
- On - The DEFAULT constant data record is automatically applied to requests. Note: If you select a different constant data record to be applied to a request in WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, that constant data record will be applied to all future requests until you select another constant data record.
- Off - Users must manually select a constant data record for each resource sharing request.
To select a Persistence setting:
- Select the On check box to turn persistence on.
- Optionally, deselect the On check box to turn persistence off.
- Click Save.
Knowledge Base Active Link
This setting allows you to select whether you want the system to look through your WorldCat knowledge base collections, when a patron submits a borrowing request or you process a lending request, to determine whether your library has electronic access to the requested item. When turned on, this setting will cause a link to appear in the Request Details accordion of a borrowing or lending request if the item is held by your library in the WorldCat knowledge base.
As a borrower, when this setting is turned on, and the following is true: a patron submits a request, the request matches a Direct Request Profile, and the requested item is held by your library, as indicated by your holdings in the WorldCat knowledge base, then the request is routed to your New for Review queue and a link to the item is included in the Request Details accordion.
As a lender, when this setting is turned on, when you receive a lending request, and the requested item is held by your library, as indicated by your holdings in WorldCat knowledge base, you will see a link to the item in the Request Details accordion.
You should only turn on the Knowledge Base Active Link setting only if your library has already added metadata about its electronic collections to the WorldCat knowledge base and set your ILL License terms.
To activate or deactivate links to WorldCat knowledge base:
- Select the On check box to turn the links on.
- Optionally, deselect the On check box to turn the links off.
- Click Save.
This setting allows you to change your primary symbol used for WorldShare Interlibrary Loan. Your current symbol is shown.
To change your primary symbol:
- Click Change Primary Symbol.
- On the Select Primary Symbol screen, select the symbol you want to use.
- Click Save.
WorldShare Circulation Integration
Use this setting to activate the WorldShare Interlibrary Loan and WorldShare Circulation integration. Activating integration is the final step in configuring this feature.
To activate integration:
- Complete all steps as described in Set up WorldShare Interlibrary Loan and WorldShare Circulation integration.
- Select the On check box to activate the integration (the final step in the process).
If all other configuration steps described in the document have not been completed, selecting the On check box here will not activate the WorldShare Circulation integration.