- User gets a "Username or password is invalid. Authentication failed" error when logging into WorldShare environment.
- WorldShare Management Services
- WorldShare ILL
This is the error that appears when a user tries to login to WorldShare Management Services (WMS) with an incorrect user name or password. Consider and/or trying the following potential fixes:
- Do you have the Caps lock turned on? If so, turn it off and try again
- Try resetting your password. This may be needed if your password does not meet current security requirements of 9 characters including one non-alphabetic character
- If you are getting to the login page via a bookmark, type the URL into the address bar instead and try again. If it works, your bookmark has become corrupted. Delete and recreate it
- You could have cached an error page. Clear your browser's cache and cookies, restart the browser and try again
WorldShare Password Requirements
Your WorldShare password:
- Is case-sensitive
- Must contain at least nine characters
- Must contain at least one non-alphabetic character
Note: Semicolons (;), colons (:), apostrophes ('), and periods (.) are not allowed.
If problems persist, call OCLC Support.