- WorldShare Interlibrary Loan
Yes, refunds can be issued for requests with any status after Considering, including Closed requests.
For example, if you (the Lender) billed a Borrower by accident, you can go into your closed requests and refund the amount.
To issue a refund:
- Locate the request you want to refund.
- Send an email to the Borrower to let them know you are refunding the request.
- At the top of the request, under Actions, click Refund.
- Click Refund.
- A confirmation message appears and the Refund button turns gray.
- To confirm the refund, click the Request History accordion at the bottom of the request to view the ILL Fee Management (IFM) History details.
If you have been erroneously charged for a requested item, you can request a refund from the Lender by using the Email button on the request.
To request a refund:
- Locate the request you want to request a refund for.
- At the top of the request, under Actions, click Email.
- On the Send Message window, fill in the fields.
- Add some text to the e-mail to let the Lender know you want to request a refund for that specific request.
- Click Send.
Note: You can only issue refunds through the system interface. Refunds must be issued within 180 system days of the original transaction.
For additional information, please see Issue an IFM refund.