If you are a non-American English speaker using the Chrome browser to run the WorldShare Interlibrary Loan or Tipasa Staff interface then you may have noticed that request dates appear in the US format of MM/DD/YYYY when you'd prefer to see them in DD/MM/YYYY format.
- WorldShare Interlibrary Loan
Date formats displayed in the Staff UI are controlled by the date format settings in your browser.
- For most browsers, the date format is taken from your PC settings. The one exception to this is the Chrome browser which does not take its date format from the host PC, it sets the date format based on the selected browser display language.
- Chrome also defaults the display language to English (United States) when you select English as your preferred language.
To ensure that Chrome is using the English version suitable for you, please take the following steps:
- Open a new Chrome browser session. At the top right hand of the page, click the 3 vertical dots. Once you see the drop-down box, select Settings.
- Once in Settings, scroll to the bottom and select Advanced to find other options.
- After selecting Advanced scroll down to locate the Language section. Click the down arrow to the right of Language (English, United States).
- Your preferences will appear below Language as a list. Select the Add language button to select a different Language.
- A search box will appear where you can then search for English. Select the appropriate variant of English from the list.
- The selected English variant will now appear as an option on the preference list. Select the 3 vertical dots to the right of the English variant. Another form will appear where you can select Display Google Chrome in this Language.
- Exit Settings and open up a WorldShare Interlibrary Loan or Tipasa Staff Interface session.
The Staff interface will now show you dates in the dd/mm/yyyy format.