Release Date: June 30, 2018
This release was tested with the following browsers:
- Chrome (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Internet Explorer 11
For this release, we recommend that you review the following checklist and complete the relevant tasks so that you can adjust your policies and workflows and train your staff. This checklist identifies updates that we have determined as significant for most institutions. We encourage you to review all the items in the release notes to determine whether there are items that might require additional action or follow up by your institution.
These items require immediate action or decisions.
Following the release, we recommend that you clear your browser's cache before starting to work with WorldShare ILL.
WorldShare ILL and Circulation administrators should review policies and settings in Service Configuration related to integration.
Please see Set up integration for additional details.
|Have you updated addresses in each of your borrower and lender Constant Data records? If not, please do so on behalf of all your borrowing and lending partners. Address labels do not print properly unless the addresses are formatted correctly.|
|Have there been any changes in your contact information or lending policies? If so, please make the appropriate updates in Policies Directory.|
Share release notes with your colleagues.
Join us on July 11 for Product Insights: Resource Sharing. Register here:
New features and enhancements
Use enhanced ILL-WorldShare Circulation integration
Enhancements to borrowing workflow
ILL-Circulation integration has been improved to keep information consistent between WorldShare ILL and WorldShare Circulation.
For complete details about the WorldShare ILL and WorldShare Circulation integration, please see WorldShare Circulation integration.
The following enhancements have been added:
- WorldShare Circulation now honors the WorldShare ILL due date at checkout. The more restrictive of the WorldShare ILL or Circulation policy dates will be used.
- The WorldShare ILL Request ID and/or lending library name displays in Circulation.
Use enhanced purchase workflow
The purchase workflow in WorldShare ILL has been enhance to allow you to:
- Automatically route requests meeting specified criteria (e.g., format, year, patron status) to the new Review for Purchase queue
- Return unpurchased item to borrowing workflow
- Utilize request history for requests in the purchase workflow
- Access information in usage reports
- View additional information for purchase requests
Receive email alerts when new lending requests arrive
For infrequent lenders, you can opt to receive an email alert when a new request arrives in the lending queue.
Bug fixes and known issues
Lists of current known issues and recently fixed issues can be found at
The following enhancements are planned for upcoming releases:
- Targeted for August 2018
- Optional retention of patron data on closed requests
- Delivery of files up to 120 MB in Article Exchange
- Targeted by the end of 2018
- Printing of book stickers for borrowing and document delivery requests
Roadmap information is available in the WorldShare ILL community.
More product information can be found at:
Support information for this product and related products can be found at:
OCLC Community Center
At the OCLC Community Center, you can:
- Connect with community peers
- Collaborate, ask questions and gain insights
- Contribute and share ideas to improve products
- Stay on top of and discuss OCLC announcements