Release Date: October 1, 2017
This release was tested with the following browsers:
- Chrome (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Internet Explorer 11
For this release, we recommend that you review the following checklists and complete the relevant tasks so that you can adjust your policies and workflows and train your staff. These checklists identify updates that we have determined as significant for most institutions. We encourage you to review all of the items in the release notes to determine whether there are other items that might require additional action or follow up by your institution.
Following the release, we recommend that you clear your browser's cache before starting to work with WorldShare ILL.
|Have you updated addresses in all your borrower and lender Constant Data? If not, please do so on behalf of all your borrowing and lending partners. Address labels do not print properly unless the addresses are formatted correctly.|
|Have there been any changes in your contact information or lending policies? If so, please make the appropriate updates in Policies Directory|
Share release notes with your colleagues.
- In the Policies Directory, the Shipping Address is no longer missing from the Profile tab for some institutions.
- Responding to a lending request with IFM selected and the Lending Charge amount blank no longer triggers an error.
- The value of Patron Status is no longer overwritten when Constant Data with a blank value for Status is applied.
Lists of currently known issues and recently fixed issues can be found at:
Automatically update request with URL and password after scanning the document
Today many scanners allow you to scan a file to email, to a file, or to Article Exchange. With this enhancement, Article Exchange will update the WorldShare ILL request with the URL and password if you have also scanned in the Request ID.
Testing with a variety of scanning vendors and software is underway. A list of supported scanners will be provided as this testing progresses, and additional details will be available in the WorldShare ILL documentation:
The following enhancements are also planned for upcoming releases:
- See complete citation information while selecting lenders
- Print all requests in a queue
Roadmap information is available at http://www.oclc.org/community/interl...y_loan.en.html
More product information can be found at:
Support information for this product and related products can be found at:
OCLC Community Center
At the OCLC Community Center, you can:
- Connect with community peers
- Collaborate, ask questions and gain insights
- Contribute and share ideas to improve products
- Stay on top of and discuss OCLC announcements