The Purchase option allows you to track items you may wish to purchase, instead of borrowing via interlibrary loan. This feature allows you to input relevant data about the item you're purchasing, and tracks usage in OCLC Usage Statistics.
To purchase items:
- On the left navigation, click Borrowing Requests.
- Click New for Review.
- On the New for Review screen, click the request ID or Title to display the request.
- Click the Change Fulfillment Type button at the top of the request and select Purchase Request.
- Complete any desired fields.
- Click Save.
- A confirmation message appears and the request appears under Purchasing Requests > On Order.
Links to partner suppliers, such as Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble or Better World Books, will appear under Purchase Options at the bottom of the borrowing request to aid in providing purchasing information.