- You want to create a backup server of your ILLiad Self-Hosted site and you want to know if there is a cost difference or any issues in doing this
If you want to create a backup server on your ILLiad Self-Hosted site, here is what you need to know.
- There are no other licensing fees for making a backup.
- You should disable all the ILLiad Services so that you do not accidentally pull in requests to the backup server rather than your production server. For example, the ILLiad Connection Manager service might pull in Lending Transactions or update OCLC with Test Requests when you do not want either to happen.
- Your Backup Web Server should be also pointing to a backup SQL Server. That way, you are not updating the production site with the backup server.
- If you have issues with Production, you should check your backup server services.