- You have patrons that are not receiving notifications when requesting items
Here are some steps to troubleshoot this issue:
- Check the Patron account and make sure the Loan Delivery Method, Delivery Method, Electronic Delivery, and Notification Method are filled in. If they are blank, then a patron may not receive a notification.
- Make sure the Email Notifications boxes if you email or the SMS Notifications boxes if you send text messages are checked. For example, if you do not have Item Pickup box checked and the patron has requested a loan, then no email will go out.
- If you find you have many patrons without a Loan Delivery Method, Delivery Method, Electronic Delivery, or Notification Method filled in, you should check your Web pages to make sure you are properly setting them up in the NewUserRegistration, NewAuthRegistration, and the ChangeUserInformation Web pages. Also, you might need to contact your SQL Administrator to update the patron records or if you are hosted by OCLC, then contact OCLC Support.
- You also should check the email account for your patron and make sure it is a valid email address.
- If the email address is to an AOL email or Hotmail address, it is best to have your patrons change to an on-campus email address. The email servers that are not within your campus might block the emails coming from OCLC if OCLC hosts your email. The reason why is that if the "From Address" is showing an on-campus email address and the actual hostname is coming from OCLC, then the email is discarded.