- You need to add a WSKey for ILLiad, so you can have it work with services such as Article Exchange and the ILL Policies Directory
Here are the instructions for creating a new WsKey:
1. Go to the Developer Network:
2. Click on the Developer Network WSKey user interface link.
3. Put in your symbol and choose Continue.
4. Then sign into with your WorldCat Username and Password.
5. After you sign in, you click on the "Request a Production WSKey."
6. Under the Services, you need to select
A. Article exchange
B. ILL Fee Management API.
C. Interlibrary Loan Policies Directory
D. If you are going to be using the Item Availability, you should also select the Availability Query.
7. You fill in the WSKey Name.
8. You put n the Reason for this request such as "ILLiad WSKey requirement."
9. Go with the Default Owning Institution.
10. You do not need to put anything in the Redirect URI.
11. Click on Create Request.
In a couple of days you should have a message from the OCLC Orders Department <Orders@oclc.org> and then sign into the Developer network again. You will then look at your WSKeys and then you can copy over your WSKey and Secret into the ILLiad Customization manager.
1. The WsKey goes into the OCLCWebServiceV2APIKey and the OCLCItemAvailabilityWsKey if you also selected the Item Availability during your WSKey request. Make sure you save the change.
2. You copy the Secret over to the OCLC WebServieV2APISecret and save the change.
3. After these keys are updated, you will want to have your IIS restarted. If you are hosted by OCLC, you need to contact OCLC Support. If you are self-hosted you will need to contact your Web Server Administrator.
4. After IIS is restarted, then you will need to restart all your ILLiad Clients.
Your WSKey should be active now.