- After upgrading to 9.2 and above, nothing happens when opening the ILLiad client
The ILLiad Client issue has been resolved as of 4/14/2022.
Here are the steps to resolve the issue with the ILLiad Client not opening:
- Open up the ATLAS SQL Alias Manager "As Administrator" and save the logon that you have set under ILLiad into the ILLiad Directory (c:\program files (x86)\ILLiad\).
- Then click on the Set Default (Local Machine)
- You will get a message about the location where ILLiad saved the file. Choose OK.
- Restart the machine.
- Restart the ILLiad Client
If the above does not work, here are the steps of what you will have to do:
1. You will have to uninstall their ILLiad Client. Make sure all versions are gone from the Control Panel.
2. Copy the Addons, Print, Docline folders from the c:\program files (x86)\ILLiad folder to their desktop. Then copy over the logon.dbc (or whatever name you have for the .dbc file) to the desktop.
3. Delete the ILLiad folder.
4. Download the 9.2.1 installer <https://support.atlas-sys.com/hc/en-...Liad-Downloads>.
Please contact OCLC Support for the credentials if you need them.
5. When you open up the 9.2.1 installer, they need to right-click on it and run as Administrator.
6. At the end when they are about to click on Finish, Deselect the Open ATLAS SQL Alias Manager.
7. Click on finish.
8. Go to the c:\program files (x86)\folder and right-click on the ILLiad folder.
9. Go to the security tab.
10. Edit the Groups by clicking on the Edit button.
11. Go to the Users group and make sure under the Allow Column you had Modify or Full Control.
12. Choose OK
13. Choose OK and that will close the window.
14. Copy back the folders for Addons, Print, and Docline and overwrite what is in the c:\Program Files (x86)\ILLiad folder.
15. Copy over the logon.dbc file from the Desktop back to the c:\Program Files (x86)\ILLiad folder.
16. Open the ATLAS SQL Alias Manager by right-clicking on it and "Run as Administrator."
17. After it opens, click on ILLiad, and click on Open. Go to the c:\program files (x86)\ILLiad folder and click on Logon.dbc.
18. Save the information on the Save on the top left.
19. Set Default (Local Machine). Minimize the ATLAS SQL Alias Manager.
At this point, you can see if the ILLiad Client works.
You should have the ILLiad Client working. If not, please contact OCLC Support
To fix the problem with the upgrade in 9.2, here are the steps:
- At the last screen of the upgrade, where you can "Finish" it, make sure you deselect the box to Launch the ATLAS SQL Alias Manager, then click on Finish.
- Open up the ATLAS SQL Alias Manager by right-clicking on it and "Run as Administrator."
- On the left side, under ILLiad, you will see the logon. Click on that.
- Then Save it on the Top left.
- Then set on Set Default (Default Machine).
You should be able to run the ILLiad Client after that.