- You want to enter several authorization and passwords, or customized toolbar settings in Connexion client and distribute them to others within the organization.
- Connexion client
Connexion client is designed to be a per-user application. There is no global (or common) file that could be shared among multiple machines. Having said that, there is a way to achieve sharing settings among users. When Connexion client is configured with a printer, authorization numbers, toolbar settings, etc. the information is stored in a file located at %AppData%\OCLC\Connex\Profiles\MyProfile\options.xml.
When the client is started, path information to the local bibliographic, authority, and constant data files on that computer are added to the options.xml file. If we want to distribute that file to others, all path information must first be removed.
To clean the file:
- Close Connexion client if it’s running.
- Hold down the Windows key (to the left or right of the Alt key) and while holding it down, press the letter r; this brings up the Windows Run box.
- Type %AppData% (including both percent (%) signs) and press Enter (or click OK).
- Double-click the OCLC folder.
- Double-click the Connex folder.
- Double-click the Profiles folder.
- Double-click the MyProfile folder.
- Right-click the options.xml file and choose Edit (verify the file opens in Notepad).
- Press ctrl+f (find).
- Type “c:\users\” (without the quotes) and click find next.
- Notepad will jump to the first line that contains c:\users\. Delete this entire line, delete everything from the opening < to the closing />.
- Click find next and repeat the above until Notepad reports no more matches found.
- Click File > Save and close Notepad.
Once you've removed all the lines and saved the options.xml file, it's ready for distribution. As each user opens their client, new path information will be added as needed.
Remember, if you open the client after removing the path statements, new ones will be added, so be sure to send a cleaned version to your users.