- MSI error appears when I try to open Connexion client
- Connexion client
The Connexion client reinstallation attempt on the user's side is being caused by the Microsoft MSI self-heal technology attempting to fix what it perceives as a damaged installation. The installation is fine. To resolve the problem we need to build a new desktop shortcut. To do this:
- Close Connexion client if it's running.
- Hold down the Windows key (to the left or right of the Alt key) and while holding it down, press the letter r; this brings up the Windows Run box.
- Type c: (including the colon (:)) and press Enter.
- Double-click (if 64-bit) the Program Files (x86) or (if 32-bit), Program Files folder.
- Double-click the OCLC folder.
- Double-click the Connexion folder.
- Double-click the Program folder.
- Scroll down and right-click Connex.exe and choose SendTo > Desktop (create shortcut) (If you don't see the .exe extension, look in the 'Type' column for 'Application').
- Double-click the new shortcut. The client should start normally.
- Delete the original desktop shortcut and rename the new one to look like the one you just deleted.