Release Date: January 20, 2018
For this release, we recommend that you review the following checklists and complete the relevant tasks so that you can adjust your policies and workflows and train your staff. These checklists identify updates that we have determined as significant for most institutions. We encourage you to review all of the items in the release notes to determine whether there are other items that might require additional action or follow up by your institution.
These items require immediate action or decisions.
In an effort to keep your staff informed of new features and changes, you may also want to consider these items.
This release was tested with the following browsers:
- Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132
- Firefox 57.0.4
- Internet Explorer 11.674.15063.0
Currently supported browsers can be found here.
Batch Editing of Licenses
To take advantage of this new functionality, first isolate the licenses you wish to edit, then tell License Manager how to update the licenses selected.
- Isolate licenses for batch editing using the standard license search.
- Alternately, isolate licenses for batch editing using the term of use search.
New Indicator for Queued SUSHI Harvests
The Harvest History for COUNTER report harvested has been updated to include both in-process counts and usability enhancements requested by libraries.
- A new "Queued" column was added to the result counts to indicate the number of active harvests scheduled for each vendor. This can be useful if a harvest is delayed while a publishing vendor assembles the report. A "0" value indicates the SUSHI vendor has been configured but is not actively being harvested against. A persistent "1" value indicates a recurring harvest is configured for each month.
- Access to harvest results is available via the "View" button for each vendor.
- The results and result filters have been simplified to indicate if a harvest is via the SUSHI configuration or via a manual file upload.
- The Usage Cost functionality in a license history will now warn you to save the license if a license period cost has been entered while a usage cost calculation was requested prior to a save.
- Vendors publishing XML COUNTER reports labeled COUNTER version 4.1 will now import correctly.
- A correction in the way licenses are loaded fixes the time-out errors some libraries were encountering while opening licenses
- The license connection to Tipasa, WS ILL, and ILLiad has been improved to enhance connection speed
Please use the discussion forum for License Manager to discuss any issues you encounter, or contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The License Manager discussion forum on the OCLC Community Center: https://www.oclc.org/community/discu...anager.en.html
- None at this time.
- Enhanced group license sharing
- Exposure of public license terms within WorldCat Discovery
- Support for public exposure of Trial Databases
OCLC project staff regularly review this list and update the features and timing information.
©2018 OCLC, Inc. All rights reserved. The following OCLC product, service and business names are trademarks or service marks of OCLC, Inc.: OCLC, WorldCat knowledge base, WorldShare Collection Manager, and "Because what is known must be shared." In addition, the WorldShare symbol and OCLC symbol are service marks of OCLC. Third-party product and service names are trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. OCLC grants permission to photocopy this publication as needed.