Release Date: March 30, 2018
For this release, we recommend that you review the following checklists and complete the relevant tasks so that you can adjust your policies and workflows and train your staff. These checklists identify updates that we have determined as significant for most institutions. We encourage you to review all of the items in the release notes to determine whether there are other items that might require additional action or follow up by your institution.
These items require immediate action or decisions.
In an effort to keep your staff informed of new features and changes, you may also want to consider these items.
This release was tested with the following browsers:
- Chrome Version 65.0.3325.162
- Firefox 59.0.1
- Internet Explorer 11.248.16299.0
Currently supported browsers can be found here.
Usage cost calculations with alternate metric types
The usage cost calculator now allows for alternate metric types to be used for its calculations. When a report type, such as the JR1, BR1, BR2, DB1, and PR1 reports, includes multiple metric types simply choose the metric type that’s appropriate for your needs and then select “generate report.” (For the list of metric types associated with JR1, see the screen capture below.)
By popular demand, License Manager now integrates licenses shared between libraries along with all licenses created by the local library. This feature requires a “WMS for Groups” subscription. New integration features include:
- There is no longer a separate "Licenses Shared by Others" section. All shared licenses are now visible along with locally-created licenses.
- The license search and filtering toolbar now include shared licenses in the results.
- Interlibrary loan terms on licenses that have been shared to your library are now communicated to WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, ILLiad, and Tipasa.
- WorldShare Collection Manager now recognizes those collections associated with shared licenses, and a link back to the shared license is now provided.
- A new "Shared" action column has been added to the group license search results page to allow libraries to accept or reject a shared license. Licenses, which are being shared with others, can still be managed from within each license.
- The CSV license export and License Manager platform API features now both include shared licenses in their output.
- Author Rights - which is used to track the rights of authors associated with a platform.
- License Terms Notification - which indicates if license terms must be exposed publicly.
SUSHI vendors requiring IP addresses
Occasionally a vendor will require a library that wishes to harvest COUNTER reports via SUSHI to first register the IP addresses they plan to use during harvests. License Manager now indicates those vendors and offers a button, which will copy the IP addresses to your clipboard for transfer to the vendor’s administration website to help make this task easier.
- The ERM_STAFF role can now see license cost histories correctly
- Vendors removed from the usage harvester will no longer be automatically harvested
- The license search results page now allows for better performance in collection searching
- License change history now shows fewer time-outs as we continue to improve performance
- License clones can now be saved as a new perpetual license
- The harvest history page correctly scrolls to the top of the page when you click on a vendor detail result
- License renewals no longer combine license periods on a cloned license
- SUSHI response codes have been updated with the latest group of unknown responses from vendors
Please use the discussion forum for License Manager to discuss any issues you encounter, or contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The License Manager discussion forum on the OCLC Community Center: https://www.oclc.org/community/discu...anager.en.html
- None at this time.
- Exposure of public license terms within WorldCat Discovery
- Support for public exposure of Trial Databases
OCLC project staff regularly review this list and update the features and timing information.
©2018 OCLC, Inc. All rights reserved. The following OCLC product, service and business names are trademarks or service marks of OCLC, Inc.: OCLC, WorldCat knowledge base, WorldShare Collection Manager, and "Because what is known must be shared." In addition, the WorldShare symbol and OCLC symbol are service marks of OCLC. Third-party product and service names are trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. OCLC grants permission to photocopy this publication as needed.