Release Date: June 17, 2017
For this release, we recommend that you review the following checklists and complete the relevant tasks so that you can adjust your policies and workflows and train your staff. These checklists identify updates that we have determined as significant for most institutions. We encourage you to review all of the items in the release notes to determine whether there are other items that might require additional action or follow up by your institution.
These items require immediate action or decisions.
In an effort to keep your staff informed of new features and changes, you may also want to consider these items.
Choose relevant licenses to enable opt-in for automatic selection and/or deselection of knowledge base collections based on license start and end dates
This release was tested with the following browsers:
- Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110
- Firefox 53.0.3
- Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18665
Currently supported browsers can be found here.
Streamlined license renewal procedures
By popular request, the License Manager renewal and termination procedures for licenses have been simplified. New features include:
- The “Start Date” field is now editable for licenses which have not yet been renewed.
- The “Renewal Deadline” field will now move forward in time when a license is manually renewed. For example, a given license which is renewed for one year will have both the end date and renewal deadline date advance one year.
- A new “Renewal Options” dropdown menu allows a license to be renewed either automatically or manually.
Automatically select and deselect collections
By popular request, License Manager will now automatically select and deselect certain knowledge base collections within Collection Manager based on start and end dates. This allows your library to “set it and forget it” for standard knowledge base collections. Note: deselection functionality is not available for private collections, collections which have been shared, nor collections with MARC record delivery enabled.
New “Terminated” license status
By popular request, License Manager now allows an expired license to be marked as “Terminated”. This also can be used to indicate those licenses which should not be renewed.
New SUSHI harvest error alert
By popular request, License Manager will now alert you to any errors encountered while harvesting COUNTER reports via SUSHI. These alerts help you to monitor error responses related to credentials, reports not supported, timeouts, and miscellaneous vendor responses. However, note that this alert will not notify you of vendor error responses caused by zero usage for a given month.
Support for HTTPS SUSHI access points
License Manager now supports SUSHI access points which use the HTTPS protocol. This will prove helpful for those vendors which move to HTTPS.
- License Templates have been optimized to address performance slowdowns
- Additional safety nets have been added to catch all errors encountered by the License Manager system
- Five-digit years will no longer be accepted by the interface in certain rare instances
Please use the discussion forum for License Manager to discuss any issues you encounter, or contact support at email@example.com.
The License Manager discussion forum on the OCLC Community Center:
There is a known issue with Internet Explorer that causes the License Manager interface to scramble once a license with an attachment is opened. This will be corrected in the August release. The current work around is to use FireFox or Chrome for licenses with attachments.
- Update to the License Manager Platform API to support WRITE and UPDATE
- Add a collection to a license from within the Collection Manager user interface. (Currently scheduled for June 2017. See the Collection Manager release notes.)
- Associate licenses with Acquisitions workflows. (Currently scheduled for Fall 2017. See the Acquisitions release notes.)
- Search licenses by term of use
- More easily subscribe to license alerts
- Full-text searchable license PDF attachments
The roadmap for WorldShare License Manager can be found incorporated within the WMS roadmap:
OCLC project staff regularly review this list and update the features and timing information.
Support information for this product and related products can be found at:
©2017 OCLC, Inc. All rights reserved. The following product, service and business names are trademarks or service marks of OCLC, Inc.: OCLC, WorldCat, WorldShare and "Because what is known must be shared." In addition, the WorldCat and WorldShare symbols are service marks of OCLC. Third-party product service names are trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. OCLC grants permission to photocopy this publication as needed.