- WorldShare Circulation
If you have set up your WMS instance, to charge for overdue items and want to now change this aspect, so that patrons are no longer charged for overdue items.
Please Contact OCLC Support for assistance, as this will require re-configuration your Service Configuration, Loan Policies and your Notification set-up.
# Please note any changes made in Service Configuration, will only apply to new Circulation transactions.
- If you remove all fines, this will also remove the block they created, if a borrower hits his fine limit
- The only other block you will have, is the the loan limit one, so that when they have loaned their limit of items, they will not be able to borrower more items
- You could use suspensions as an alternative to or together with overdue fees to encourage patrons to return materials on time
- If you remove fines/fees for overdue items the only other way you can control patrons who do not return items on time, is to use the suspension option
- But be aware, this can only be initiated when the item is returned late or renewed but not while the item/s are still out on loan
- Suspended patrons attempting to place holds or renew items in WorldCat Discovery or My Account, will be notified that their accounts are blocked