After reviewing this recorded class, learners will be able to handle common check out and check in exceptions.
Topics covered include:
- Changing due dates at check out, and on items already checked out
- Checking out an item that is currently on loan to someone else
- Checking out an item to a blocked patron
- Checking out an item that is on hold to another patron
- Checking in an item belonging to another branch
- Checking in an item that has a hold
- Processing claims (Lost, Returned, Never Had)
Circulation staff responsible for daily check out and check in should attend this session. Also, circulation supervisors should attend to review common exceptions staff will encounter and how circulation staff roles impact processing.
View a recorded session
View a recorded session (55 minutes)
- Request closed captioning
- Closed captioning is available in the US upon request with 5 business days' notice. To request closed captioning for a training session, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation policy
- In the event of low attendance, OCLC may cancel a training session. In this situation, registrants will be notified by email in advance of the session.