Find a patron by barcode
- On the left panel, in the Enter barcode field, under Assist Patrons, scan or type the barcode.
- If you typed the barcode, click Go or press <Enter>.
Search for a patron
- On the left panel, in the Search section, under Assist Patrons, select an index from the list.
- In the search field, enter your search terms.
- Click Search or press <Enter>.
- Click the patron's Name to view their account.
- Barcode - Barcode (ID number) of the patron.
- Everything (default) - Contents of all fields in the patron account.
- Name - Last name, first name, and/or initial. Do not type a comma (,) if you are searching by the patron's first and last name.
- Postal Code - Postal code (e.g., zip code) of the patron's address.
- Search patrons of all libraries - Deselect the check box to search for patrons from your institution. When the check box is selected, patrons across all institutions in your group will be shown. You can only edit patrons from your institution. This option only appears if you are part of a WMS group.
- Street Address - Address of the patron (e.g., house number, street name).
Take actions on search results
If your library is a member of a group, you can view all patrons in the group, but can edit only your library's patrons.
Click the patron's Name to view the patron record's five sections.
- Patron record sections - Table
Index Description Bills See Pay, waive, refund, or cancel bills Checkout Check out materials and list current loans. See Check out items. History View patron transactions listed by date. See History. Holds
Create or delete hold requests or scheduled items. See:
Update identification, contact information, system access or privileges. See Profile.
Includes Account Overview (totals for loans, overdue items, and holds), balance for unpaid bills, an item scanning area, and a list of items currently checked out.
- Account Overview sections - Table
Section Description Checked out items List of items checked out (includes items checked out to proxy patrons). For information on how to check out items, see Check out. Expiration Date The Expiration Date determines when circulation privileges expire. The patron's circulation privileges will expire on the date entered at 11:59:59 PM. Holds to be picked up Links to Holds tab Home Branch Patron's preferred library branch Last Activity The last date of patron activity. Actions that update the last activity date: check out, check in, renew, create hold request, pickup hold, create item schedule/booking, pay bill, and SIP2 authentication. Notes A note written by library staff about the patron. See Profile, below, for details on writing notes. Outstanding bills Total amount of any unpaid bills, fines, fees, etc. Amounts link to Bills tab. Overdue Number of overdue items Patron Type The kind of account the patron has (student, faculty, child, adult, etc.)
Provides information on hold requests and scheduled items.
- Holds sections - Table
Section Description Holds Lists hold requests and allows creating and deleting holds Scheduled Items Lists scheduled items and allows creating and deleting scheduled items
Provides information on outstanding bills for fines and fees, and account history that lists paid/waived/refunded fines and fees.
- Bills sections - Table
Section Description Account Lists outstanding bills. Account History Record of paid, waived, or refunded bills. For more information about a transaction, in the Reason column, click Details.
Includes Basics (barcode, patron type, home location, personal information, contact information, and notes.
Some fields need explanation.
- Profile fields - Table
Field Description Blocked? Blocked users have their library privileges suspended. Use a staff note to indicate the reason for the block. Blocks placed by staff can be overridden in the same way as blocks placed by the system. Collection Exempt The patron is exempt from debt collection Expiration Date The Expiration Date determines when circulation privileges expire. The patron's circulation privileges will expire on the date entered at 11:59:59 PM. Home Branch Patron's preferred library branch ID Verified Indicates whether patron's identity established via acceptable ID (driver's license, etc.) Patron Type The kind of account the patron has (student, faculty, child, adult, etc.) Notes
A note written by library staff about the patron. Multiple notes may be added.
Staff notes are not visible to patrons in WorldCat Local/Discovery, but are visible on the checkout screen.
Public notes are not visible to patrons in WorldCat Local/Discovery and can be configured to display on the checkout screen. This feature is optional and must be activated by the library in OCLC Service Configuration (WorldShare Circulation>Admin/General>Display Patron Information). For more information, see Display Patron Information.
Staff and public notes can display in a pop-up by typing an exclamation mark (!) at the beginning of a note. Pop-up notes will display when the patron account is initially accessed.
See Patron history.