These values are used when performing a command-line search in Connexion or an expert search in FirstSearch, WorldShare, or WorldCat Discovery. Limit a search by the material type search index by entering the index label and a colon (mt:) followed by either the Name (first column) or Code (second column) — for example, ti:gift deer and au:hoover and mt:bks.— for example, ti:gift deer AND au:hoover AND mt:bks.
Here is how the tables are organized:
- Columns in the tables show values or criteria indexed based on either:
- The Leader, 007, 008, and other criteria
- The 006 fields
- Each row shows separate sets of values indexed for each material type, having up to six possible sets of values.
- Values shown are in byte position 0 (first position), or if values are in another byte position, the position is shown following a slash:
- Example: 008/23=s (the value s is in byte 23 of the 008)
For element labels, see Bibliographic Formats and Standards or OCLC-MARC Records.