This document contains instructions for formatting and sending your loan data to OCLC. Loan data should only be sent for items that are currently checked out (active loans).
|Tab-delimited loan data template (Microsoft Excel)||Contains 10 columns. Save as a tab-delimited text file (an Excel file cannot be used to send data).
Note: Required fields have red column headings.
- The text file must contain all 10 tab-delimited columns in the order listed in the table below.
- The first row of the text file is the header and must contain column names separated by tabs.
- Column header names are not case sensitive, but must be spelled correctly.
- Each line in the tab-delimited file must contain 9 tab characters, which function as column separators.
- All values in columns are strings (text string, numeric string, etc.).
- If you have no data to put in a column, include the column header, but leave the rest of the column empty (do not delete the column header).
Note: If columns are deleted, moved, or renamed, the file cannot be used to load data.
- Filenames can contain letters, numbers, periods, and underscores.
- Filename cannot contain spaces or special characters (e.g., @, ?, *, #, !, &, %, $, ^).
- Tab-delimited files must have the .txt file extension.
Send loan data
Once your data is prepared, send your loan data files via SFTP with your OCLC file exchange account.
|/xfer/wms/test/in/circdata/loans||Loading loan data to WMS|
Loan file format
Note: None of the columns are repeatable.
|Column number||Column name||Required||Example||Description|
|1||lendingInstitutionID||x||127968||The WorldCat Registry ID for the institution that has loaned the item.|
|2||itemBarcode||x||1000124077||The barcode of the item that was borrowed.|
|3||borrowerInstitutionID||x||1127968||The WorldCat Registry ID for the home institution of the patron who checked out the item.|
|4||borrowerBarcode||x||1234567890||The barcode of the patron who borrowed the item.|
|9||renewalCount||1||The number of renewals.|
|10||note||x||Not currently used. The note column is required but should not contain data.|
|Tab-delimited loan data text file example (Text file)||An example of a tab-delimited text file that results from saving the tab-delimited loan data template as text. It contains sample data.|
If you have questions, contact your OCLC Implementation Manager at WMSImp@oclc.org.