- Item is showing as held by your library when you do not in fact hold it
- WorldCat Discovery
- WMS Circulation
- Record Manager
- Collection Manager
Here are some reasons why bad holdings can appear:
- If the item in questions is an electronic item, you will want to make sure it is not mistakenly held in Collection Manager:
- Log into your WorldShare site and open the Metadata tab
- Open Collection Manager, make sure the search scope it set to Title, and search either by the OCN, title, ISBN, or ISSN.
If the item comes up as Held, you will want to deselect the title.
- Automatic holdings changes made by Collection Manager can take 24-48 hours to complete.
- Holdings will not drop from the title if Local Bibliographic data is still on it. To check for that and delete it in Record Manager, take the following steps:
- Under the Metadata tab, click Record Manager.
- Search by the OCLC# of the title.
- Find the correct title in the result list and click on the title.
- If the title has Local Bibliographic data on it, you'll see tags in the Local Bibliographic data accordion tab.
- Drop the holding on the title using Record > WorldCat Holding > Delete.
If neither of these work, please contact OCLC Support and provide the OCLC# of the title that is showing as held incorrectly.