- WorldCat Discovery
- WorldShare Collection Manager
There can be a variety of reasons why an error is received, when a broken link is reported.
- An error page; It fails to load
- The wrong resource. For example, to:
- An incorrect item with a similar title
- An item from a different year
- A print book instead of an eBook
- A journal landing page instead of to an article
- An item you do not own
When you receive "Report a broken link" email, you will need to do the following first:
- Review your library settings
- Open access settings in service Configuration:
- Navigate to Proxy and Authentication > Open Access in Resolver.
- Check to see if any of the settings are selected and if so, consider deselecting them.
- Check your proxy settings to ensure nothing has been changed on your site
- Provider settings
- Ensure correct collection has been selected
- If all your settings are correct and have been checked, then Contact OCLC Support with the following information, if you have it:
- What was the error message seen/ screenshot if possible
- Your institution’s name
- OCLC symbol or Registry ID
- URL to the item
- OCLC number of the item, if available
- (Optional) Proxy credentials to access your resources*
*If you are unable to provide test proxy credentials, OCLC might need to conduct a screen-sharing session with your library to troubleshoot.