Find active KB records to update
If you are a KB editor, you have several ways to find active records that you may need to update.
You can search for a record by its ID number (if you know it) to go directly to the record. You can search by the ID number of the KB record or the ID number of the original question on which the record is based.
You can browse records with a Required Update Date, records with a partial addendum, or all active records.
- For the Folder browse criteria:
- Select Update Required to find records that contain a Required Update Date. Required Update Date field
- Select With Partial Addendum to find records that contain a partial addendum. Partial Addenda field
- Select Active to find all active records.
- For Knowledge Base, uncheck the boxes for the KBs that you do not wish to update.
- In the browse results, the latest records appear at the top of the list. If you selected Update Required, click the heading of the Required Update Date column if you want to move the records with the earliest date to the top of the list to help you process them first.
You can browse records added by you to see if any of your active records need to be updated.
- In the browse results, click the heading of the Status column once to move records that have Active status to the top of the list.
- Look in the KB column to see which records were added to the KB for which you are an editor.
Find KB records by ID number
If you are a KB editor, you can go directly to a particular KB record if you know its ID number.
You can search for a record by either of two ID numbers:
- ID number of a KB record (This is called the "Record ID" or the "Knowledge Base question ID.")
- ID number of the original question in the Ask a Librarian module on which a KB record is based (This is called the "Q&A ID" or the "Ask Librarian question ID.")
To search by ID number:
- Navigate to Knowledge Base > Search > Question ID.
Note: The Question ID menu link appears below the Search tab only if you are a KB editor.
- Type a single ID number or a range of ID numbers in the box.
(Do not include commas in numbers. Include a beginning and ending number when you type a range of numbers.)
- Record ID, single: 72623
- Record ID, range: 72500-72800
- Q&A ID, single: 795818
- Q&A ID, range: 740000-799999
- Select the question ID type.
- Select Knowledge Base Question ID to search by Record ID
- Select Ask Librarian Question ID to search by Q&A ID.
- Click Search.
QuestionPoint searches all of the KBs to which you have access, including those for which you are an editor and those for which you are not. QuestionPoint displays the Knowledge Base Browse Results page or the Record Detail page containing the results.