What does it mean to edit and activate a KB record?
A KB editor can edit, enhance, and activate a KB record that has Inactive or Review status.
The librarian who added a record can edit the record while it has Inactive status but cannot activate it unless he or she has edit privileges.
An editor or the librarian who added a record can:
- Click Edit (on the Record Detail page) to begin to edit the record.
- Make and save changes in most of the record's fields.
- Return to the record later to make more changes.
A KB editor can activate the record (change its status to Active) to make it available for searching. Within 24 hours after the record is activated, QuestionPoint indexes it so it is searchable.
Can I edit my KB records?
You can edit records that you add to a KB while they are inactive (before a KB editor activates them) and when they are active. If a record that you added has an Edit button, it is still inactive. You can click the button to begin to edit the record.
If a record that you added has an Update button, it is active. You can click the button to begin to update the record.
You cannot delete the record unless you are a KB editor.
You can also report needed corrections and changes for an editor to consider. An editor can add or remove information or remove an entire record.
View my KB privileges
- Click My QuestionPoint at the top of any QuestionPoint page. QuestionPoint displays the My QuestionPoint screen.
- Click My Settings. QuestionPoint displays the View/Change My Settings page.
- View the Account Privileges for Knowledge Base.
- Contact your institution administrator if you need to request changes to your KB privileges.
Abilities of the KB privileges
The following table describes the abilities of the KB privileges.
|Add/Submit||All the abilities of View KB privileges plus:
|Edit KB||All the abilities of Add/Submit privileges plus:
|Edit/Delete KB||All the abilities of Edit KB privileges plus: