Use Copy Answer to copy a KB record's answer to the Answer Question page for the question on which you are currently working. Then you can edit the answer, add scripts, attach files, or save the answer as a draft before you send the answer to the patron.
To use Copy Answer:
- Click Copy Answer on a KB record to return to the Answer Question page for the current question. The answer from the KB record appears in the Answer box.
- Use the Answer Question page to do any of the following:
- Send an answer
- Request clarification
- Save a draft answer
If you send an answer or request clarification:
- QuestionPoint sends the answer or clarification request to the patron's e-mail address.
- The patron receives the answer or clarification request in an e-mail message that looks like others sent by your library. The patron does not know that the information came from a knowledge base.
- The Full Question reappears. In the question history, two new entries identify the KB record from which the answer came and show the answer or clarification request sent to the patron.
- The status of the question changes to "Answered" if you sent an answer or to "Pending" if you requested clarification.
If you save a draft answer:
- The Full Question reappears. The history includes the draft answer but does not identify the KB record from which the answer came.
- The status of the question does not change.
- You still need to send an answer to the patron.