- Go to the Full Question.
- Click Answer to view Answer Question.
- Click Search KB to go to Basic Search.
- Perform a basic KB search.
Click Advanced Search and perform an advanced KB search.
- If you find a KB record containing an answer that you want to use, do one of the following:
- Click Forward Answer if you want to edit the answer and send it to the patron or to the patron and others but you do not want to add scripts, attach files, or save the answer as a draft.
- Click Copy Answer if you want to edit the answer, add scripts, attach files, or save the answer as a draft before you send it to the patron.
- On the screen that appears, edit and process the answer as needed and send it to the patron or save it as a draft.
If you send the answer, QuestionPoint:
- Sends it in an e-mail message like other answers sent by your library. The patron does not know that the answer came from a knowledge base.
- Adds entries in the Question History identifying the KB record from which the answer came and containing the answer sent.
- Indicates at the top of the KB record the number of times the record has been forwarded or copied to answer a question.