Send a message using Send Message to Librarian
You can use Send Message to Librarian (available on the Full Question page) to send an email message to anyone who referred a question to you or to whom you referred a question, including other libraries whose patrons chatted with you or librarians at other libraries who handled chat sessions for your patrons. The message is also added to the Question History on the Full Question page.
- Ask for more information about a question referred to you.
- Send more information to, or ask for a status report from, someone who is answering a question for you.
Send a message to a librarian during a chat session
No. Do not use Send Message to Librarian to send a message during a chat session because messages sent then are visible to the patron. Messages sent after a chat session are not visible to the patron. Use IM in the chat monitor to send a message to a librarian during a chat session.
Send a message to a librarian
To send a message about a referred question or chat session:
- Go to its Full Question page.
- Click Send Message to Librarian to view the Librarian Message page.
- (Optional) Click Full Question View to view all information about the question in a separate window. Resize and position the window as needed.
- Do one or more of the following to prepare your message:
- Include text.
- Attach files.
- Click Send Message to Librarian. QuestionPoint sends an email message to the librarian, displays a confirmation message, and redisplays the Full Question page with the message included in the Question History.
- The email message goes to the:
- Assigned librarian's email address if the question is assigned at the other library.
- Library's email notification address if the question is unassigned at the other library.
- The subject line of the email message is "QuestionPoint - Message" followed by the question ID. The body of the message contains:
- Instructions for replying to the message
- Your message
- The Question History
- If the librarian replies as instructed in the message, you receive the reply in an email message and the reply is added to the Question History.