- Select a referral option in the Refer To drop-down list in the Full Question page and click the arrow.
Note: The figure below shows all referral options; some options may not be available to your library. Your library or group should provide guidance on which referral options you will use.
- QuestionPoint displays the request form for the referral option selected.
- Select a library or subject-matter expert to receive the request, provide any other needed information in the form, and send the request.
- For your library, QuestionPoint changes the status of the question to Pending and moves it to the Pending Questions list and the Referred Questions list.
For the library or expert receiving the request, QuestionPoint changes the status of the question to New and places it
in the New Questions list.
- The library or expert receives the request and sends an answer to the patron. The exception to this rule is if “E-mail Partner” is used. In that instance, the status will change to “new”, when the answer is received and recorded in QuestionPoint, and the patron’s library is responsible for reviewing and forwarding the answer to the Patron.
- QuestionPoint changes the status of the question to Answered and moves it to the Answered Questions list.
The referral options shown in the Refer To drop-down list are described in the following table:
|Shared Followup||Places the question in the Shared Followup Questions list for any library in your subscription group to claim.||If your group uses full chat and the group administrator activates shared follow up|
|E-mail Partner||Sends the request via email to one of your personal subject-matter experts who does not have a QuestionPoint account.||Yes, available to every library|
|Subject Matter Expert||Sends the request to one of the 24/7 Reference Cooperative’s subject-matter experts.||If your library is a member of the 24/7 Reference Cooperative|
|Partner (Subscription)||Sends the request to a library or subject-matter expert in your subscription group.||If activated by administrators|
|Partner (Cooperative)||Sends the request to a library or subject-matter expert in your cooperative group.||If activated by administrators|