After you Create a virtual group, you can:
- Update the group's status or information.
- Delete the group. This removes all group members and removes the group from the list of groups that libraries may join online and from the list of your groups.
Update or delete a virtual group
- Log on to QuestionPoint using your administrator authorization number.
- Select Administration in the Select Service drop-down menu.
- On the Create New Librarian Account screen, click Virtual Groups.
- On the My Virtual Groups screen, click Edit for the virtual group that you want to update or delete.
- On the Virtual Group Update screen, click Delete to delete the group and then click OK when prompted to confirm your action. If you delete the group, the system redisplays the My Virtual Groups page with the group removed. The system also removes all group members and removes the group from the list of groups that libraries may join online.
To update the group's status or information, go to the next step.
- If you want to change Use This Group for, select
- The Referral box if group members may refer questions among themselves when they need assistance providing answers. Uncheck the box if they may not.
- The Web Form Coverage box if group members may provide Web-form question coverage and extended hours of service for each others' patrons. Uncheck the box if they may not.
Note: You may check 1 or 2 boxes.
- If you want to change Group Name, type a group name of up to 60 characters and spaces.
Note: In Group Name, you could describe the purpose and scope of the group for members and potential members. You might include the group's subject area, geographic area, types of libraries or organizations, etc. For example: Public Libraries with Specialized Art Collections.
Also, when libraries look for a group to join, they can search by a keyword or text string in the group name or by the first letter of the group name. Therefore, include words in the name that would be used to find your group. Begin the name with a word that might be used first to find your group.
- If you want to change the Contact E-mail Address, type the email address to receive questions about your group from members and potential members.
Note: Use your e-mail address unless you want someone else to answer questions about the group.
- If you want to change the Contact Name, type the name of the person to receive questions about your group from members and potential members.
Note: Use your name unless you want someone else to answer questions about the group.
- If you want to change the Enrollment Status, click Open if institutions may join the group now. Click Closed if institutions may not join the group now.
Note: If you select Closed, you must update the group to select Open when institutions may join the group.
If the enrollment status is open, the Join this group link appears with the group's information on the Group Enrollment page and institutions may join the group. If the status is closed, the link does not appear.
- If you want to change the Activation Status, click Active if group members may participate in group activities now. Click Inactive if they may not.
Note: If you select Inactive, you must update the group to select Active when members may participate in group activities.
- If you want to change the Description and Purpose, type information about the group that you want to share with members and potential members.
Note: Describe the purpose of the group and any qualifications required. Institutions should be able to tell from this description whether this group is appropriate for them or not.
- Click Save. The system updates the group's status or information with your changes.