In the administrative module, you can control all aspects of FirstSearch patron interlibrary loan (ILL), as well as OCLC WorldCat Resource Sharing. In order to use FirstSearch ILL, your library must have access to the WorldCat Resource Sharing service because FirstSearch ILL requests are processed through that service. Find out more about WorldCat Resource Sharing.
FirstSearch patron ILL functionality available in the administrative module includes:
- You can turn ILL on or off in all or selected FirstSearch databases.
- You can specify whether the ILL button appears on records that WorldCat indicates are held by your library. You can customize the text of the ILL link that appears in FirstSearch records
- You can customize the FirstSearch ILL request form so it best meets the needs of your users and ILL staff.
- For each database, you can specify which of the following methods is used to process ILL requests:
- Library staff review all requests.
- The OCLC ILL Direct Request service processes all requests. Information about this service is available at < www.oclc.org/support/questions/resourcesharing/directrequest/ >.
- Requests are sent via e-mail to your library for processing outside the OCLC WorldCat Resource Sharing service.